Sortie en Mer
Sortie en Mer is an immersive survival game that raises awareness about the importance of wearing life jackets when going out to sea. The game's premise revolves around a sailing trip that takes a dangerous turn, leaving the player in the middle of the ocean, struggling for survival. The life-like depiction of the game situation presents a blend of entertainment and a powerful message.
How to Play Sortie en Mer?
The main goal of Sortie en Mer is survival. The player finds themselves in the ocean after a sailing accident. The gameplay focuses on staying afloat by scrolling continuously, simulating the motion of treading water and swimming. The longer you can keep scrolling, the longer you survive. The game features an energy meter on the right side of the screen that decreases over time or with the player's actions. Failing to maintain energy results in the character's demise. Additionally, the game's narrative unfolds through a series of flashbacks, enhancing the immersive experience.
What are the controls for Sortie en Mer?
The only control is scrolling up or down using your mouse wheel. The scrolling action is meant to mimic the act of treading water in the sea, keeping the player afloat. Please note that fast, frantic scrolling can deplete your energy faster, mimicking real-life exhaustion.
- Interactive Scrolling Mechanic: The gameplay hinges on a scrolling mechanic that simulates the struggle for survival in open water.
- Energy Management: Players must manage the protagonist's energy levels to prolong survival.
- Immersive Narrative: The story unfolds through flashbacks and real-time events, pulling players deeper into the game's narrative.
- Realistic Graphics and Sounds: The game features high-quality graphics and sounds that provide a realistic and immersive experience.
- Educational Value: Beyond entertainment, the game conveys the critical importance of sea safety and wearing life jackets when out on water.