Pac-Man meets Snake in a simple yet challenging 2D arcade game Pac Xon! The game plays out on the rectangular map, and while moving across it, our yellow protagonist builds the wall along its trail. The objective is to claim over 80% of the space on the board by fencing off one section at a time.
This task would be quite simple if it weren’t for the cheeky ghosts. If they run into the wall you’re leaving behind before you reach an already conquered section, you’ll lose a life. There are up to 50 progressively more difficult levels to complete, and ghosts of each different color have unique AI characteristics.
How to play Pac Xon
The key to victory is figuring out the movement patterns and speed of the ghosts. This is easy in the beginning, but it gets much more interesting when there are multiple enemies on the map to look out for. Keep in mind that you must reach a solid edge to claim new territory. Running into your own tail will result in a loss of life.
There are 4 boosts you can pick up that spawn occasionally.
- Glowing yellow ball — allows you to eat ghosts
- Cherry — you gain a speed boost
- Orange — the ghosts move slower
- Strawberry — ghosts stand still for a brief period
Make sure to pick them up as soon as you can because your enemies can eat them too!
What are the controls for Pac Xon?
Pac Xon is playable on both PC and mobile devices. Use WASD or arrow keys to move on PC, or swipe to move in the desired direction if playing on mobile. Good luck!
- Pac-Man meets Snake in a 2D arcade classic
- Deceivingly simple but quite challenging gameplay
- Up to 50 progressively more difficult levels
- Ghosts of different colors have unique characteristics